Thursday 10 January 2013

Daniels Diet - Day 5

Good morning - day 5 - we are half way there!

Scripture to start the day.
'So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God'. 1 Corinthians 10:31
Each day as we make choices about what to eat, drink or act upon; try to keep God's glorification always before our personal gratification. If we simply go back to the basics in all areas-natural food, pure fresh water, clean air and the unadulterated Word of God-we would be absolutely amazed at what we can achieve...a healthier body, soul and spirit! 
This is why Daniels Diet is so successful - because it takes the modern, adulterated, refined, chemical foods out of our diet and gives our internal system a 'holiday' from processing it all the time.
We get back to basics and we 'feel' better and lose weight as a good side affect.

Never Give Up
"What is wrong with me? I can't even make 4 days without giving into my cravings and going on a binge. I feel like food has total control over me. Will I struggle like this the rest of my life? Why can't I just be normal and eat when I'm hungry? I'm a total loser. I'll never change."
These are some heart wrenching  comments I hear from people in my clinic or in emails.
Let me encourage those who may have struggled to complete the 10 days. First there should be absolutely NO condemnation or guilt or blaming yourself. 'Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,...' Romans 8:1-3. In the past i have completed Daniels diet many times but there have been a few times when after a few days I found I could not complete it and had to stop. This has been for different reasons (we all have personal 'stuff'):
  1. not preparing my mind before i started.
  2. not preparing my shopping and the right time ( too busy or traveling etc)
  3. stress or emotional pressure at the time. 
What a lot of people do and please don't do it - the self talk is something like this - they say to themselves - ' i cant do it - i feel guilty - so i may as well binge and eat what my flesh likes... 
This is what to do - and say to your self - 'i am finding it hard so its not the right time for me'. I will start to watch what i eat and then will do this diet again in a few weeks.'
Most times its because of a high sugar and refined carb' diet. so slowly change your eating to what Daniels diet teachers and then prepare as the book says and then try again.  one reader tried 5 times and each time increased the days and then she made it to 10 and felt so big an achievement it changed her life.
so don't feel bad - just keep trying.

My Day.
I feel great today - the detox and partial fast is working. my head is clearer and i feel more energy.
I noticed yesterday I ate too many mixed nuts - i know its too many because i could feel it take the edge off my wellbeing. always listen to your body  - it will tell you things if you first get healthy and then take notice on how you feel.
Bike ride for 1 hour - no energy slump today - i made sure i hydrated and ate as soon as i got back ( it helps to pump my tyres up too i noticed (ha) they were at 15 pressure (near flat) and need to be about 60).
lots of water (1/2 litre) - fruit - vitamins and veggie juice coming up soon.
Lunch - mixed salad
no nuts today. just fruit and if i have time another veggie juice.
Dinner tonight. Brown rice and veggies - i find brown rice fills me up and is nice with lots of herbs.
Prayer walk with my wife as we pray and give thanks for the day + talk.



Veggie Juice:
Ingredients
1-2 carrots – depending on size
½ raw beetroot (red beets)
1 celery sticks (stems)
1 tablespoon of blue berries (frozen)
1 stem of spinach
Ginger to taste
½ lemon squeezed

Note: your stool (bowel movement) may turn red or dark green due to beetroot (red beet) colour or greens. This is normal and not a health problem and will go away if you stop the juices for a few days.
You may have ‘Detox Symptoms’ from the process of your body eliminating  toxins, if they are too severe, stop for one day and start again with ½ dose. Water it down helps - if needed

have a good day

Philip 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for a great post, it is just what I need for today. Barry & I managed a good walk this morning and had breakfast of Veggie Stew when we came back. But I had an energy drop later in the morning and realise adding rice or other cereal would have helped. Got into nuts, fruit and water and improved. Today extremely hot here and that has probably been rather draining as well, time for more drinks and a veggie juice before we eat brown rice and veggies.

    Regards Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your style Helen - you are doing really well. Yes the extreme Heat that Australia is having can make you feel a bit drained - keep hydrated.

    ReplyDelete